WAEC General Mathematics Questions and Answers 2023: OBJ And Theory (Objectives + Essay), The Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), administered by the West African Examination Council (WAEC), is a crucial assessment conducted for students in West African countries. Among the essential subjects included in this examination, General Mathematics holds significant importance. In order to facilitate thorough preparation for the 2023 WAEC General Mathematics examination, we have meticulously assembled a collection of potential questions and their corresponding answers. This comprehensive guide encompasses both the Objective (OBJ) and Essay (Theory) sections of the examination, aiming to equip candidates with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in this subject.
Mathematics is now available
WhatsApp us with your payment of 1000 to get answers 09035742503
Kindly take note that the provided questions are derived from previous WAEC examinations and are intended to serve as a valuable study resource to aid in your preparation for the forthcoming 2023 examination.
Objective Questions (OBJ)
1. 2023 WAEC Mathematics Objective Questions
1. What is the simplified form of the expression (4x² – 7x + 3) / (2x – 1)?
a) 2x – 3
b) 2x + 3
c) 2x – 1
d) 2x + 1
2. If 3x – 4 = 5 – x, what is the value of x?
3. Solve the equation: 2(x + 3) = 4 – (x + 1)
a) x = -5
b) x = -3
c) x = 0
d) x = 2
4. If the ratio of the angles of a triangle is 3:4:5, what is the measure of the smallest angle?
a) 36 degrees
b) 48 degrees
c) 60 degrees
d) 72 degrees
5. A shop sells a shirt for $30, which represents a 20% profit on the cost price. What is the cost price of the shirt?
6. The roots of the quadratic equation x² + 3x – 4 = 0 are:
a) 1 and -4
b) -1 and 4
c) 1 and 4
d) -1 and -4
7. If log₅(x) = 2, what is the value of x?
8. Simplify the expression: √(9x²y⁴) / (3xy)
9. If the coordinates of point A are (2, 5) and the midpoint of line segment AB is (6, -1), what are the coordinates of point B?
a) (10, -7)
b) (-2, -7)
c) (10, 7)
d) (-2, 7)
10. A bag contains 5 red balls, 3 green balls, and 2 blue balls. If one ball is selected at random, what is the probability of selecting a green ball?
2023 WAEC Mathematics Objective Questions (Continued)
1. What is the value of x in the equation 3x + 8 = 20?
2. A car travels at a constant speed of 60 km/h. How long will it take to travel a distance of 240 kilometers?
a) 2 hours
b) 3 hours
c) 4 hours
d) 5 hours
3. If the area of a rectangle is 48 square units and the length is 8 units, what is the width of the rectangle?
a) 4 units
b) 6 units
c) 8 units
d) 12 units
4. Solve the equation 2(3x – 5) = 4x + 3.
a) x = -2
b) x = 2
c) x = 3
d) x = 4
5. If a box contains 12 red balls, 8 blue balls, and 5 green balls, what is the probability of randomly selecting a blue ball from the box?
Essay Questions (Theory)
3. 2023 WAEC Mathematics Essay Questions
1. A cylindrical tank has a radius of 4 meters and a height of 10 meters. Calculate the total surface area of the tank, including the base.
2. The sum of the angles of a polygon is 1620 degrees. Determine the number of sides of the polygon.
3. A train travels from Town A to Town B at an average speed of 80 km/h and returns from Town B to Town A at an average speed of 60 km/h. If the total journey time is 6 hours, calculate the distance between the two towns.
4. Solve the simultaneous equations:
2x + 3y = 7
4x – 5y = -8
5. A right circular cone has a height of 12 cm and a slant height of 15 cm. Calculate the volume and the total surface area of the cone.
(Note: For essay questions, it is recommended to provide detailed step-by-step solutions to each problem.)
2023 WAEC Mathematics Essay Questions (Continued)
1. A triangle has sides measuring 8 cm, 12 cm, and 15 cm. Determine whether the triangle is a right triangle or not. If it is a right triangle, calculate the measure of its largest angle.
2. A garden is in the shape of a rectangular plot with a length of 20 meters and a width of 15 meters. The owner wants to construct a circular fountain at the center of the garden. Determine the radius of the circular fountain that will cover exactly 25% of the total area of the garden.
3. A box contains 6 red balls, 4 blue balls, and 2 green balls. If two balls are selected at random without replacement, calculate the probability of selecting one red ball and one blue ball.
4. The ratio of boys to girls in a class is 3:5. If there are 36 students in the class, determine the number of boys and girls.
5. A farmer wants to fence a rectangular garden using 100 meters of fencing material. If the length of the garden is twice its width, determine the dimensions of the garden that will maximize the area.
Additional Tips for Success in the 2023 WAEC General Mathematics Examination
To enhance your performance in the 2023 WAEC General Mathematics examination, consider the following tips:
1. Start Early
Begin your preparation well in advance to allow ample time for understanding and practicing different mathematical concepts.
2. Understand the Syllabus
Familiarize yourself with the exam syllabus to know the specific topics and subtopics that will be covered. This will help you prioritize your study and focus on the most important areas.
3. Review Past Questions
Solve past WAEC Mathematics questions to acquaint yourself with the exam format, question types, and difficulty level. This will give you a sense of what to expect and help you identify any weak areas that require further attention.
4. Practice Regularly
Mathematics requires consistent practice. Dedicate regular study sessions to solving mathematical problems, both from textbooks and online resources. Aim for a variety of question types to strengthen your problem-solving skills.
5. Seek Clarification
If you encounter any difficulties or have doubts about specific topics, don’t hesitate to seek clarification from your teachers, classmates, or online resources. Understanding the fundamentals is crucial for tackling more complex problems.
6. Develop a Study Plan
Create a study schedule that allows you to allocate sufficient time for each topic. Break down your study sessions into manageable segments, focusing on one concept at a time, and allocate time for regular revision.
7. Use Visual Aids and Diagrams
Mathematics often involves visual representations and diagrams. Utilize them to better understand and solve problems. Drawing accurate diagrams can provide valuable insights and aid in problem-solving.
8. Learn and Understand Formulas
Memorize key formulas, theorems, and identities, but also strive to understand their underlying concepts and applications. This will enable you to apply them effectively during the exam.
9. Practice Time Management
Develop effective time management skills during your practice sessions. Allocate appropriate time to each question based on its difficulty level. This will help you avoid spending too much time on challenging questions and ensure that you attempt all questions within the given time frame.
10. Stay Calm and Confident
On the day of the exam, maintain a calm and positive mindset. Read each question carefully and avoid rushing through them. Trust in your preparation and attempt each question to the best of your ability.
Remember, consistent effort and practice are key to succeeding in any mathematics examination. Best of luck in your preparations for the 2023 WAEC General Mathematics examination!No tags for this post.