- What are Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023
- Behold Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 Unveiled!
- Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 1 – 10]
- Answers to Physics Question Number 1 – 10
- Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 11 – 20]
- Answers to Physics Question Number 11 – 20
- Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 21 – 30]
- Answers to Physics Question Number 21 – 30
- Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 31 – 40]
- Answers to Physics Question Number 31 – 40
JAMB Physics Questions And Answers 2023, This resource is tailored for UTME candidates seeking Physics JAMB Questions and Answers for 2023. Particularly beneficial for those aspiring towards Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Engineering, and other Physical Science courses. Genuine JAMB Physics questions and answers for 2023 are provided here. Your task is to thoroughly review and familiarize yourself with the content, ensuring you are well-prepared to excel in your Physics exam.
What are Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023
Anticipate encountering Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023, featuring queries slated for the upcoming 2023 UTME Physics paper, complete with corresponding solutions.
It is paramount that candidates preparing for the 2023 JAMB Physics examination peruse these questions. This endeavor will furnish them with insights into the expected content within the JAMB CBT hall, elevating their confidence and ensuring a commendable score.
Behold Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 Unveiled!
Contained herein are Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023, exclusively for candidates engaging with the Physics paper.
Fortune has led you to this pivotal page!
The questions are bona fide, and the answers stand as accurate representations. Our dedication to your JAMB success and subsequent admission fuels this compilation.
Within the forthcoming sections, you’ll encounter Physics inquiries slated for your 2023 JAMB assessment, along with their elucidations. Should any questions necessitate further clarification, avail yourself of the comments section, where comprehensive explanations await.
JAMB is an exam of considerable gravitas. You shall tackle 40 questions in JAMB Physics 2023, all within a span of 26 minutes. Thus, it is incumbent upon you to absorb the wisdom imparted on this page.
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 1 – 10]
1. Which of the following represents the correct precision if the length of a piece of wire is measured with a meter rule?
A. 35mm B. 35.0mm
C. 35.00mm D. 35.01mm
2. Which of the following is most strongly deflected by a magnetic field?
A. γ-rays B. α-rays
C. β-particles D. X-rays
3. A substance has a half-life of 3min. After 6mins, the count rate was observed to be 600. What was its count rate at zero time?
A. 200 B. 1200
C. 1600 D. 2400
4. A light of energy 5eV falls on a metal and electrons with a maximum kinetic energy of 2eV are ejected. The work function of the metal is
A. 0.4eV B. 2.5eV
C. 3.0eV D. 7.0eV
5. If an object is placed in front of two mirrors inclined at 90o, how many images will be formed?
A. Five B. Four
C. Three D. Two
6. A 12V battery has an internal resistance of 0.5Ω. If a cable of 1.0Ω resistance is connected across the terminals of the battery, the current drawn from the battery is
A. 16.0A B. 8.0A
C. 0.8A D. 0.4A
7. If two parallel wires carry currents flowing in the same direction, the conductors will
A. attract each other
B. repel each other
C. both move in the same direction
D. have no effect on each other
8. From the generating station to each sub-station, power is transmitted at a very high voltage so as to reduce
A. eddy current loss
B. hysteresis loss
C. heating in the cables
D. magnetic flux leakage
9. Two tuning forks of frequencies 256Hz and 260Hz are sounded close to each other. What is the frequency of the beats produced?
A. 516Hz B. 258Hz
C. 4Hz D. 300Hz
10. The eye controls the amount of light reaching the retina by adjusting the
A. cornea B. iris
C. retina D. optic nerve
Answers to Physics Question Number 1 – 10
1.B 2.C 3.D 4.C 5.C
6.B 7.A 8.C 9.C 10.B
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 11 – 20]
11. Which of the following is a set of vectors?
A. force, mass and momentum
B. acceleration, velocity and momentum
C. mass, weight and density
D. mass, volume and density
12. A catapult used to hold a stone of mass 500g is extended by 20cm with an applied force, F. If the stone leaves with a velocity of 40m/s, the value of F is
A. 4.0 ×102 N/m2 B. 2.0 × 103 N
C. 4.0 × 103 N D. 4.0 × 104 N
13. A nuclear reaction initiated by adding neutron is called
A. nuclear fission
B. nuclear fusion
C. nuclear enrichment
14. The resultant of two forces acting on an object is maximum if the angle between them is
A. 45o B. 0o C. 90o D. 180o
15. 200g of water at 90°C is mixed with same quantity of water at 30°C. What is the final temperature?
A. 50°C B. 60°C
C. 70°C D. 80°C
16. The equation PXVYTZ = constant is Charles law when
A. x=1, y=1, z=1 B. x=0, y=1, z=-1
C. x=1, y=0, z=-1 D. x=0, y=1, z=1
17. The thermometric substance of an absolute thermometer is
A. alcohol B. mercury
C. helium D. platinum
18. Dispersion of light by a glass prism is due to the
A. different hidden colours of the glass
B. different speeds of various colours in glass
C. defect in the glass
D. high density in glass
19. When an atom loses or gains a charge, it becomes
A. an electron B. an ion
C. a neutron D. a proton
20. To convert an ac dynamo to dc dynamo, the
A. number of turns of the coil is increased
B. slip rings are replaced with a split-ring commutator
C. number of turns of the coil is reduced.
D. split-ring commutator is replaced with slip rings
Answers to Physics Question Number 11 – 20
11.B 12.B 13.A 14.B 15.B
16.B 17.B 18.B 19.B 20.B
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 21 – 30]
21. The unit of inductance is the
A. Farad B. Hertz
C. Henry D. Coulomb
22. A machine whose efficiency is 60% has a velocity ratio of 5. If a force of 500N is applied to lift a load of P(N), what is the magnitude of P?
A. 750N B. 4166N
C. 500N D. 1500N
23. A mass of gas at 7°C and 70cm of mercury has a volume of 1200cm3. Determine its volume at 27°C and a pressure at 75cm of mercury.
A. 1200cm3 B. 1378cm3
C. 4320cm3 D. 4629cm3
24. A beam of light is incident from air to water at an angle of 30°. Find the angle of refraction if the refractive index of water is 4/3.
A. 15° B. 18°
C. 22° D. 240°
25. The wavelength of signal from a radio transmitter is 1500m and the frequency is 200KHz. What is the velocity of the propagation?
A. 3 ×108ms-2 B. 7 ×103ms-2
C. 3 ×104ms-2 D. 7ms-2
26. Find the frequencies of the first three harmonics of a piano string of length 1.5m, if the velocity of the string is 120m/s.
A. 40Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz
B. 180Hz, 360Hz, 540Hz
C. 80Hz, 160Hz, 240Hz
D. 360Hz, 180Hz, 90Hz
27. The resistance of a piece of wire of length 20 cm and cross-sectional area 8 x 105 m2 and resistivity 4 x 10-7 Ωm is
A. 1.0 Ω B. 10.0 Ω
C. 400.0 Ω D. 1.0 × 10-13 Ω
28. An electric device is rated 2000W, 250V. The correct fuse rating of the device is
A. 8A B. 9A
C. 7A D. 6A
29. Determine the inductive reactance when a 30.0mH inductor with negligible resistance is connected to a 1.3KHz oscillator
A. 39.0Ω B. 122.5Ω
C. 245.0Ω D. 39KΩ
30. The half-life of a radioactive element is 9days. Calculate the fraction that remains after 36days.
A. 1/32 B. 1/16
C. 1/4 D. 15/32
Answers to Physics Question Number 21 – 30
21.C 22.D 23.A 24.C 25.A
26.A 27.D 28.A 29.C 30.B
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 31 – 40]
31. The energy stored in an inductor of inductance 5mH when a current of 6A flows through it is
A. 9.0 x 10-3 J B. 9.0 x 10-2J
C. 1.4 x 10-2 J D. 1.8 x 10-2 J
32. An electric heater with a pd of 240V connected across its terminals has a total resistance of 960Ω. Calculate power range of the heater
A. 0.25 W B. 4.00 W
C. 38.40 W D. 60.00 W
33. The time it will take a certain radioactive material with a half-life of 50 to reduce to of its original number is
A. 250 days B. 150 days
C. 300 days D. 200 days
34. The unit of moment of a couple can be expressed in
A. Nm-1 B. Nm-2
C. Nm D. Nm2
35. The resultant of two forces 12N and 5N is 13N. What is the angle between the two forces?
A. 0° B. 45°
C. 90° D. 180°
36. A body of mass 12Kg traveling at 4.2ms-1 collides with another body of mass 18Kg at rest. Calculate their common velocity if the two bodies coalesce after collision.
A. 1.5ms-1 B. 1.4ms-1
C. 2.1ms-1 D. 1.7ms-1
37. When the vapour of a substance is in equilibrium with its own liquid, it is said to be
A. gaseous B. liquified
C. diffused D. saturated
38. If the pressure of 100cm3 of an ideal gas is doubled while its Kelvin temperature is halved, then the new volume of the gas is
A. 25cm3 B. 50cm3
C. 100cm3 D. 200cm3
39. The eye controls the amount of light reaching the retina by adjusting the
A. cornea B. iris
C. retina D. optic nerve
40. Transverse waves can be distinguished from longitudinal waves using the characteristics of
A. diffraction B. refraction
C. polarization D. reflection
Answers to Physics Question Number 31 – 40
31.B 32.D 33.A 34.C 35.C
36.D 37.D 38.A 39.B 40.C
In conclusion, the provided resource offers a comprehensive array of Physics JAMB Questions and Answers for the 2023 UTME, catering specifically to candidates aspiring for fields such as Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Engineering, and other Physical Science courses. By familiarizing themselves with these genuine questions and accurate answers, candidates gain a significant advantage in preparing for their JAMB examination.
It is emphasized that accessing these questions is of utmost importance for candidates aiming to excel in the JAMB CBT hall. The insight into the content and the confidence boost provided by this resource can greatly enhance their chances of achieving a high score and securing admission.
The dedication behind this compilation is driven by the desire to see candidates succeed in their JAMB endeavors and ultimately gain admission. Detailed explanations are available for any queries, ensuring a thorough understanding of the material.
Lastly, the nature of the JAMB exam underscores the need for diligence and effective time management. With 40 questions to be tackled within 26 minutes in the JAMB Physics 2023 paper, the information provided on this page is invaluable and should be diligently absorbed.
In essence, this resource stands as a valuable tool for aspiring candidates, serving as a guiding light towards success in the challenging realm of JAMB examinations.No tags for this post.