How to Check 2023 WAEC Result, The results of the May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), have been released. All secondary school candidates who recently took part in the exam can now access their results. The 2022 WAEC results are accessible through online platforms or by using the SMS service provided by WAEC.
Based on the statistics provided by WAEC, 76.36 percent of students have achieved a minimum of five (5) credits, including English Language and Mathematics, in five (5) or more subjects (refer to WAEC Result Statistics for more details). Within the next ninety days, candidates whose results have been duly processed and released can expect to receive their certificates.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is a regional examination body responsible for conducting and managing standardized examinations in West African countries. It was established in 1952 and is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. The council operates in English-speaking West African countries, including Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and The Gambia.
WAEC’s primary examination is the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), which is taken by secondary school students in their final year. The WASSCE assesses candidates’ knowledge and skills in various subjects and serves as a benchmark for admission into tertiary institutions and employment opportunities.
How to Check WAEC Results Online
To check your WAEC results online, follow these steps:
Visit the official website of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC). The website URL may vary depending on your country, but it is usually something like www.waecdirect.org.
- Look for the “Results” or “Check Results” section on the website. It is typically displayed prominently on the homepage.
- Click on the “Results” or “Check Results” link to proceed to the result checking page.
- On the result checking page, you will be required to enter your examination details. This typically includes your examination year, type of examination (e.g., WASSCE), examination number, and the serial number on your scratch card.
- Carefully enter your examination details in the provided fields. Double-check for any errors to ensure accurate results.
- After entering the required information, click on the “Submit” or “Check Result” button to proceed.
- Wait for the system to process your request. This may take a few seconds.
- Once the results are displayed, you can view and print your result slip for your reference. Make sure to keep a copy of the result slip for future use.
How to Buy WAEC Result Checker PIN
To buy a WAEC Result Checker PIN, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit an authorized vendor: Find an authorized vendor or retailer that sells WAEC Result Checker PINs. These vendors are usually located near WAEC offices, bookstores, or educational institutions. You can also inquire at the WAEC office or check their official website for a list of authorized vendors.
- Request a WAEC Result Checker PIN: Approach the vendor and request a WAEC Result Checker PIN. The PIN is a unique code that grants you access to check your WAEC results online.
- Provide necessary information: You may be required to provide specific details, such as your examination year and type of examination (e.g., WASSCE). Ensure you provide accurate information to ensure the correct PIN is generated.
- Make payment: Pay the required fee for the WAEC Result Checker PIN. The price may vary depending on your location and the vendor. The vendor will provide you with a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Receive your WAEC Result Checker PIN: The vendor will provide you with a scratch card or a slip containing the PIN. Ensure that the PIN is sealed and not tampered with to maintain its validity.
- Keep your PIN safe: Safeguard your WAEC Result Checker PIN as it is a valuable code that allows you to access and check your results. Avoid sharing the PIN with unauthorized individuals to maintain the privacy and security of your results.
How to Check WAEC Results Via SMS
To check your WAEC results via SMS (Short Message Service), follow these steps:
1. Ensure you have a mobile phone with SMS capabilities and sufficient credit or an active SMS plan.
2. Compose a new text message on your mobile phone.
3. In the recipient field, enter the official WAEC result checking shortcode for your country. The shortcode may vary depending on your country. For example, in Nigeria, the shortcode is usually 32327.
4. In the message body, type the following details:
- WAEC Exam Number: Enter your unique WAEC examination number.
- WAEC Exam Year: Specify the year in which you took the examination. For example, 2022.
Make sure to enter the details accurately to avoid any errors.
5. After entering the required information, send the SMS to the designated shortcode.
6. Wait for a response from the WAEC server. This may take a few moments.
7. Once the response is received, you will get your WAEC result directly on your mobile phone via SMS. The result will typically include your grades or scores in each subject you took during the examination.
For example -: WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2022
Note: There may be a charge for sending the SMS, depending on your mobile service provider and the specific terms and conditions. Make sure you have enough credit or an active SMS plan to cover any associated costs.
Have a Problem Checking your WAEC Result?
If you encounter any issues while checking your WAEC result, here are a few steps you can take to address the problem:
1. Double-check the details: Ensure that you have entered the correct examination details, such as your examination number, examination year, and other required information. Even a small error in the information provided can lead to difficulty in retrieving your results.
2. Check your internet connection: If you are checking your WAEC results online, make sure you have a stable internet connection. Poor connectivity or network issues may prevent you from accessing the result portal. Consider switching to a different network or using a different device if possible.
3. Verify the official channels: Ensure that you are using the official WAEC result checking website or the authorized SMS shortcode provided by WAEC. Beware of fraudulent websites or unofficial sources that may claim to offer result checking services.
4. Contact WAEC: If you have followed the correct procedure and are still experiencing problems, it is advisable to contact the WAEC office or their helpline for assistance. They will be able to provide guidance and support to resolve any issues you may be facing.
5. Provide necessary documentation: If you need to visit the WAEC office in person, make sure to bring any required documentation, such as your examination slip, identification documents, or proof of payment, if applicable. This will help facilitate the process and assist the officials in addressing your concerns effectively.
What to do when you can’t check your WAEC result using your phone
If you encounter difficulties checking your WAEC result using your phone, there are steps you can take to address the issue. Follow these guidelines to solve the problem:
1. Identify the issue: Take note of the specific error message or problem you are facing when trying to check your WAEC result using your phone.
2. Compose an email: Send an email to W[email protected]. This email address is provided for verification and assistance regarding WAEC result-related issues.
3. Include the necessary details: In the email, make sure to include the following information:
- The error message you received: Describe the exact error message or issue you encountered while attempting to check your WAEC result.
- Exam type: Specify the type of examination you took, such as WASSCE or any other relevant exam.
- Examination number: Provide your unique examination number assigned by WAEC.
- Exam year: State the year in which you took the examination.
4. Send the email: Once you have included all the required details, send the email to the provided WAEC support address.
No tags for this post.